The MPEG Handbook By John Watkinson
2004 | 470 Pages | ISBN: 024080578X | PDF | 15 MB
A complete, professional ‘bible’ on all aspects of audio and video compression using MPEG technology, including the MPEG-4 standard and, in this second edition, H-264. The clarity of explanation and depth of technical detail combine to make this book an essential and definitive reference work.
THE MPEG HANDBOOK is both a theoretical and practical treatment of the subject. Fundamental knowledge is provided alongside practical guidance on how to avoid pitfalls and poor quality. The often-neglected issues of reconstructing the signal timebase at the decoder and of synchronizing the signals in a multiplex are treated fully here.
Previously titled MPEG-2, the book is frequently revised to cover the latest applications of the technology.
* Benefit from John Watkinson’s in-depth understanding of MPEG technology with explanations developed and proven in seminars presented worldwide.
* Comprehensive coverage of the main and latest standards–MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H-264.
* Learn how you can apply MPEG technology to achieve the best quality.
* Coverage of enabling technologies such as interpolation, motion estimation and transforms.
* An invaluable treatment of significant new extensions made available by MPEG-4, such as object coding, mesh coding and animation.
* Essential reading for those involved with the delivery of compressed audio, video, graphics and interactive capability over the Internet and broadband networks.
Download File Size:14.36 MB